Salesforce Delivery Manager
This individual is responsible for ensuring that “Buan” quality services are delivered to our clients from the initial project scoping and estimating to the final delivery of the solution to ensure the success of our largest and most strategic engagements, which often cut across practice areas. This is a “hands-on” role with three major facets. First, this individual is one of the firm’s most experienced delivery managers and will act in the role of engagement manager on up to two strategic projects, comprising up to 60% of their available time. The individual will be expected to develop strategic relationships with clients turning initial projects into long term partnerships with follow-on work. Second, the individual is responsible for the development and implementation of standards for quality management across the full spectrum of Buan’s engagement lifecycle, from scoping and estimating during the sales processes to services delivery in the operations processes, comprising 30% of their time. In this role, the individual has the authority to intervene in any sale or client project at any point to ensure quality management processes are being followed and also carries the authority to bring a sale or project to a full stop in the event that pricing or delivery issues are identified. Third, the individual will provide mentorship to practice managers and consultants to help develop their client engagement, process management, and staff management skills. This role will account for 10% of their available time. The individual will report directly to the SVP of Operations.
- Perform as Engagement Manager on up to two strategic projects.
- Works with the Sales team and Practice Leads to develop, implement, and continuously evolve standards for scoping and estimating work that ensures that client needs are well understood and project estimates are an accurate reflection of the work required.
- Reviews all pre-defined service offerings (e.g., Quick Starts, Health Checks, etc.) to ensure that the scope of delivery is feasible for the established price point.
- Reviews all project estimates for transactions over $50,000 before they are sent to the client for review and approves all estimates before they are signed.
- Works with the Project Management and Practice Leads to define quality standards for project delivery and develop tools and methods to ensure quality standards are being met (e.g., design reviews, development and configuration checklists, code reviews, documentation standards, project reporting standards, standards for use and update of the Buan Salesforce org and customer portals, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- 10-20 years of experience in a fast-paced consulting environment
- 5-10 years of experience managing large service delivery projects
- 8-10 years of experience in Salesforce requirements development, configuration, and delivery.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of professional service delivery methods.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products, including: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook and GotoMeeting or Webex.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and leadership skills
- Must have experience in scoping, estimating, and quality management processes
- Strong client management skills and proven ability to keep projects on a positive trajectory and rescue challenged projects
- Deep commitment to customer service and customer success
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment with attention to detail
- Salesforce Certified Administrator