Did you know you can use Salesforce to send content to your customers? You can see who has opened the document and control the level of access to the content. You can also convert certain types of documents into web pages stored within Salesforce. This ability is called Salesforce Content Deliveries. You can create content delivery for any file type, but if the document type is not supported the recipient can only download it in its initial format.
This is called Salesforce Content Deliveries
To enable this feature go to Customize | Salesforce Files | Settings | Content Deliveries
Choose to Enable content deliveries, and Enable Creation of Content Deliveries for Chatter Files.
Choose password defaults. Salesforce recommends password protection if the documents are confidential.
Once this is enabled you can start creating content deliveries.
Sending Content Deliveries
- When viewing content details, select Deliver Content.
- Choose the Content Delivery Options and name the Delivery.
- Select Save & Next once your options have been chosen.
- Content Delivery has now been created. It provides URL and the ability to preview the document.
Note: You should preview the file to make sure it renders correctly for your intended recipient.
Supported File Types for online viewing:
- Microsoft® Office 97 through Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files are supported for online views.
- Adobe® PDF files are supported for online views, but copy-protected PDFs are not.
- JPG, BMP, GIF, and PNG are supported for online views.
- Any document over 25 MB is not supported for online views.